EXECUTIVE CHEF: ATSUSHI MURAYAMA
HIDA is located in the Gifu prefecture of Japan, close to Osaka.
Kaikagetsu has a very close relationship with the City of HIDA.
HIDA BEEF, regarded as one of the top beefs of Japan, is famous for its marbling, luster, color, texture and aroma. HIDA BEEF is the name given to beef from a distinctive black haired Japanese cattle breed raised in the Gifu prefecture for at least 14 months.
Every part of HIDA cattle yield exceptional quality beef and are enjoyed in different dishes such as yakimono (grilled), nabe (Japanese hot pot), and as sushi and sashimi.
We hope you enjoy our different HIDA BEEF dishes.
*The GETSU course is available through reservations only. Please reserve at least ONE week prior to your dine-in date for the GETSU course ($270) so we have enough time to prepare. With current limited staffing, we apologize in advance if we cannot accommodate certain reservations and/or wishes.
*We are currently putting our Shojin/Vegan/Gluten free course on hold. But please call and ask to see what is possible. This applies to any request that involves any modification to the broths (fish is often times used in the broths). Clicking on tags on our reservation platforms will not secure a gluten-free or vegan option.
* Some dishes for the courses are subject to change depending on the sourced ingredients and/or chef's mood.
* Corkage fee : $80 a bottle, limit 2 bottles - must not be on our drink menu // we highly recommend discussing with us before you bring your bottle as our full bar is curated to pair with our dishes and to enhance your experience.
* For the courses, please allow at least 1.5 hours for completion. Though we will try our best to accommodate your schedule, the courses are not meant to be rushed. Our reservation system is also adjusted so that our diners can enjoy the experience as it is supposed to be experienced. Any lateness in your arrival time may result in delays in your course(s).
* Sharing of courses is not permitted.
* Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
*THE MENU MAY CHANGE ANYTIME AT THE CHEF’S DISCRETION.